The quiche lacked a little depth of flavor. It needed just a little something to give it a pow. I liked that the leeks weren't overly powerful and the asparagus was a nice texture. I'm not sure what I would to give it the pop, but I would try again.
Mom also made a little something something. She found a recipe for potato leek soup. When asked what she thought, she didn't think the leeks had much flavor. She reheated the soup today for lunch and still didn't think there was much to the soup.
Mom used her blender instead of the immersion blender. In my opinion it was a little chunky and not very smooth. It's not a pretty picture, but here's what she soup looks like.
Final note: I tried to post before dad so his wouldn't get buried. Sorry.
Also, I still want to try leek rings. The leek is sitting in the fridge waiting to be fried.
The quiche looks tasty-- do you think a strong cheese would help (ie, Feta, Bleu, etc.)
ReplyDeleteI thought the both the quiche and soup were good. The soup consistancy was that of a split pea, so I was good with the chunky-ness. I have not tried the quiche after sitting. Perhaps for lunch tomorrow.
ReplyDelete